Job Title: Fund Development Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt / Contract Position – 25 hours
Starting Salary Range: $30-35,000
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter in one document highlighting your experience and interest to [email protected] by August 11. To learn more about Buncombe Partnership for Children, visit www.buncombepfc.org
In this newly created position, the Fund Development Coordinator will oversee fundraising and is responsible for directing a successful, comprehensive fundraising program including the development of an annual fund development plan, which builds on BPFC’s previous fundraising efforts. The Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, Finance & Contracts Manager and Chair of the Fund Development Committee.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Create an annual fund development plan in collaboration with the Fund Development Committee
• Develop, implement and direct annual giving campaigns – Board of Directors & Friends Campaigns
• Identify, research and cultivate relationships with donors
• Cultivate corporate sponsorships
• Attend Fund Development Committee, Board and staff meetings as needed
• Working with the Operations Manager, oversee use of donor management software (Little Green Light)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
• take initiative and actively seek to deepen current donor relationships and cultivate new ones;
• collaborate effectively by working with others on projects to reach common goals;
• be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal and have the ability to build trusted relationships with donors and community leaders;
• demonstrate BPFC’s core values and work to help achieve our mission;
• be flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines;
• use data to drive planning, to set meaningful targets and continually assess progress;
• be competent in use of donor software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of fund raising experience required. Experience in planning and leading development activities, preferably in a not for profit and demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills.
Experience working in a dynamic team environment. Familiarity with early childhood field/system is preferred. Familiarity with donor software and grant writing experience preferred. A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
As a contractor, the Development Coordinator will work remotely, but have access to work/meeting space at the BPFC office. The Coordinator is responsible for providing their own computer; they will have access to BPFC’s shared files.
Please, no calls or drop-ins about this position.
Buncombe Partnership for Children is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position.