Learning on the Loose
With Chris Tucker from Verner Center for Early Learning
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
2.0 CHCs total
**This training will be held at Verner Center for Early Learning, 2586 Riceville Road, Asheville, NC 28805**
Experience, discover and understand the theory of Constructivism and using loose parts in the classroom. This training will highlight the various ways that teachers can use loose parts inside and outside in order to meet the developmental guidelines set by NC Foundations, ITERS and ECERS while staying within the limits of sanitation and licensing rules. Teachers will understand ways to entice and provoke children’s creativity, imagi- nations and critical thinking skills using loose parts. Last, we will tell you what they are, where to find them, and how to store them.
- Understand the theory of Loose Parts and Constructivism and what they look like in the classroom.
- Learn how to use loose parts as provocation for creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and imagination building tools.
- Use your own creative process and a hands-on approach to discover what loose parts are and how they can be used to meet the develop- mental guidelines set by NC Foundations.
- Find out where and how to obtain loose parts, how to store them, when to use them and what sanitation and licensing have to say about loose parts.
- Understand how loose parts fit into the ITERS and ECERS materials checklist.
*Directors* – Starting in 2017, you can attend ANY training for free if one or more of your staff attends the same training. Contact us at email@example.com or 828.407.2058 for more information!
Is my registration transferable?
Things happen! If for some reason you are unable to attend this training after you have registered, you may send someone in your place! Just be sure to let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What is the refund policy?
Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds for trainings, unless Buncombe Partnership for Children cancels the event. Instead, we do offer ‘credits’ that can be applied to future trainings you wish to attend. To receive credits for future training you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance. You are responsible for contacting us should you wish you transfer your credit to another training.
Can I pay with cash or check?
If your organization must pay by check, please contact Stevie Alverson at 828.407.2058 or email@example.com. All checks are due 72 hours in advance unless otherwise agreed upon. If we do not receive payment 72 hours in advance we will open up those seats for other registrants. Unfortunately, we cannot accept cash. If you do not have a credit card or feel uncomfortable using a credit card online, consider asking a friend to register you and giving them cash.