Making the Most of Classroom Interactions (MMCI) is a 20-hour, in-depth and interactive training that explores how to identify high-quality & effective interactions in the prekindergarten classroom.
This 10-week series encourages teachers to reflect on the power of everyday moments in shaping students' cognitive & emotional growth. Based on the CLASS assessment tool, MMCI focuses on teacher engagement & natural learning opportunities.
Participants in the training will learn to identify & reflect upon effective interactions through engaging with each dimension & viewing these practices by watching videos taken from real-life classrooms.
The cost is $175 for the series, payable via check or PayPal. To register, contact Stevie Alverson at [email protected] or click on the links below. Full scholarship opportunities available for Buncombe county providers.
- Location: Verner Center for Early Learning - Riceville Road
- 4:00-6:00pm on Tuesdays: September 13th, 30th, & 27th; October 4th, 11th, 18th, & 25th; November 1st, 15th, & 22nd
Director, Admin, Coaches, TA Providers cohort
- Location: Mars Hill University Asheville Center - Arden, NC
- 11:00am-1:00pm on Thursdays: October 20th & 27th; November 3, 10th & 17th; December 1st, 8th & 15th; January 5th & 12th
Asheville City Schools cohorts
- Location: Asheville City Schools Preschool - West Asheville
- 8:00-10:00am on Wednesdays: October 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th; November 2nd, 9th, 16th & 30th; December 7th & 14th
- 3:00-5:00pm on Wednesdays: October 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th; November 2nd, 9th, 16th & 30th; December 7th & 14th
If you are interested in MMCI but none of these sessions work for you, let us know and we will notify you about upcoming cohorts. Please email Stevie, [email protected], with your name, and the days/times/locations that would work best for you. We will be offering MMCI again in the winter as five 5-hour sessions.