Child Care Health Consultants promote healthy and safe environments for children in child care settings through consultation, training, and technical assistance services. They provide free education services to child care providers and on-site consultation to parents to address the issues of children with special health, developmental, contagious disease and/or chronic medical needs. CCHCs include Registered Nurses and are state-certified to work in licensed child care programs.
What Can a Child Care Health Consultant Do for You?
- Perform an assessment of your child care program focusing on health, safety and nutrition
- Assist you in the development and implementation of written health policies for you and your staff
- Help integrate children with special health care needs into your program
- Assist you in preparing for rating scales in the areas of health, safety and nutrition
- On-site staff trainings available
For more information, please contact:
Chrissy Wolfe, Child Care Health Consultant
Mountain Area Health Education Center
121 Hendersonville Rd, Asheville, NC
Email: [email protected]