Buncombe County’s youngest children are the community’s most treasured resource—and among its most vulnerable populations. Support for each child during the first 2,000 days—the time between birth and kindergarten—is critical.
- There are 14,000 children under age 5 in Buncombe County.
- Year-round, full-day child care costs $10,000+ per child, on average.
- 70% of children are not enrolled in licensed child care.
- Families are often on a waitlist for 12+ months for a child care slot.
- 46% of children in Buncombe County live in poor or low-income households.
Your involvement is key to changing this landscape.
Local priorities for young children, families, and teachers include:
- High-quality, affordable child care for working families.
- Programs to support healthy eating, physical activity, and outdoor play.
- Workforce development for early educators.
- Free programs that encourage families to read, play, and bond.
You can become a critical ally in this work today.
Through programming focused on these needs, Buncombe Partnership for Children enhances opportunities for children ages birth to 5, young families, and teachers. Whether you make a one-time gift, a recurring donation, or fulfill a company, family, or legacy project, your generosity will sustain a culture of responsibility that allows every child in our community to prepare for lifelong success.
Building a strong foundation for children’s healthy development from birth leads to a more successful future for our community as a whole. Intentional, local investments are transforming our community. Advocates like you can mold and incubate change by claiming a stake that reflects your values, and we applaud your leadership in considering a gift.
Contact Carol Ann Willhite, our Fund Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
Get In Touch
2229 Riverside Drive
Asheville, NC 28804