Registration Deadline–Sunday, August 28th at 7pm.
This workshop will address the North Carolina Child Care Licensing regulation related to care of an infant (12 months or younger) in a center or home. Included will be an overview of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and procedures that need to be consistently practiced that will reduce the likelihood of SIDS occurring in child care programs.
Training Date: Tuesday, August 30th, 2022
Time: 6:15pm – 8:15pm
CHCs– 2 Contact Hours
Trainer: Robin Worley, Child Care Health Consultant- MAHEC
Attendance: The Zoom Link will be sent to the email address you register with the day before the training as a reminder. Please sign up with the email address you want the Zoom link sent to.
CLASS REQUIREMENTS- New DCDEE Rules
1. Each participant must be visually present during the entire 2 hours of class in order to receive a training certificate. You must keep your video on and be able to be seen at ALL times. Directors please let your staff know of this requirement.
2. Each participant must have their own device to attend the class (NO sharing of laptops, computers or phones for this class).
3.“Participating in real-time virtual trainings is not permitted for staff who are counted in the staff child ratio, including during nap/rest time. Trainings cannot be completed while a staff member is responsible for children.” So, therefore the training must be completed when participants can fully attend to what is being presented.
4. Please note: if participants are in the same room with other staff then they must practice social distancing and must wear a face mask.
1. Arrival: Arrive 5 minutes early-make sure your internet, audio and video are working.
2. Participation: We believe you get more out of the training if you participate actively. We expect all participants to ask their questions, and share relevant experiences.
3. Confidentiality: Agree to protect and respect confidentiality of children’s and teacher’s names.
*Directors* – You can attend ANY training for free if one or more of your staff attends the same training. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.407.2058 for more information! FAQs Is my registration transferable? Things happen! If for some reason you are unable to attend this training after you have registered, you may send someone in your place! Just be sure to let us know (email@example.com).
What is the refund policy? Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds for trainings, unless Buncombe Partnership for Children cancels the event. Instead, we do offer ‘credits’ that can be applied to future trainings you wish to attend. To receive credits for future training you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance. You are responsible for contacting us should you wish you transfer your credit to another training.
Can I pay with cash or check? If your organization must pay by check, please contact us at 828.407.2058 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All checks are due 72 hours in advance unless otherwise agreed upon. Unfortunately, we cannot accept cash. If you do not have a credit card or feel uncomfortable using a credit card online, consider asking a friend to register you and giving them cash.
I’m going to be running late. Can I still attend? Unfortunately, DCDEE rules do not allow for credit to be given to participants that miss more than 15 minutes of a training. The participant is welcome to still attend, but CHCs or CEUs cannot be given.
Thanks and we will see you then.