We invest in healthy and safe child care environments for all children by providing training and technical assistance on health, safety, and nutrition for early childhood professionals.
Child Care Health Consultants provide free education services to child care providers and on-site consultation to parents to address the issues of children with special health, care needs, contagious disease, and/or chronic medical needs. CCHCs include Registered Nurses and health educators that are state-certified to work in licensed child care programs.
What do Child Care Health Consultants Do?
- Perform assessments of your child care program focusing on health, safety, nutrition, physical activity, and outdoor learning environments
- Assist you in the development and implementation of written health policies for you and your staff
- Help integrate children with special health care needs into your program
- Assist you in preparing for rating scales in the areas of health, safety, and nutrition
- Provide on-site staff trainings if needed
For More Information Contact:
Chrissy Wolfe, Child Care Health Consultant
Mountain Area Health Education Center
121 Hendersonville Road
Phone: (828) 424-0562